Maryland Death Investigation:5 people confirmed dead inside Elk Mills home, near Newark, Delaware border after reported shooting – WPVI-TV
Cecil County sheriff’s deputies found five bodies in a home on a quiet cul-de-sac Friday. The children were in the 5th, 7th and 8th grades. Sheriff Scott Adams told WJZ the man’s next of kin had yet to be notified and police have yet to uncover any red flags.
A man called 911 to report the deaths just after 9 a.m., leading police to the victims’ house. Police recovered a semi-automatic handgun next to the man and continued to collect evidence through an active search and seizure warrant.
Five people were shot and killed in a home invasion in a small Cecil County community. Residents are now left shaken as they wait to find out why this happened. Authorities did not release the identities of the victims, but said there is no ongoing threat to the public.
A neighbor told WJZ a family lived in the house for about two years. They had seen the children going for walks in the neighborhood with the dogs and cats in tow.
Schools in the area were briefly placed on a heightened state of alert. Police don’t know a motive for the killings, but say there was no prior history of calls from the home on Hebron Court.
To learn more about this story, please consider the news outlets listed below to stay in the know.
- Maryland Death Investigation:5 people confirmed dead inside Elk Mills home, near Newark, Delaware border after reported shooting WPVI-TV
- ‘A Tragic And Terrible Day’: Five Dead In Apparent Murder-Suicide In Maryland NBC News
- Man, woman and 3 children found shot, killed at Cecil County home CBS Baltimore
- 2 adults, 3 children found dead in Cecil County home after apparent murder-suicide WBAL TV Baltimore
- Five people found fatally shot inside Maryland home, police say New York Daily News