Drunken news producer chokes to death after allegedly abandoning his kids at a hotel

On Wednesday, officials revealed that an ABC News producer had died due to choking. This took place after leaving his children alone at a hotel so he and his wife could go to a high-end, Midtown restaurant.

The Office of Chief Medical Examiner in New York City stated that the cause of Dax Tejera’s demise was “asphyxia due to obstruction of airway by food bolus complicating acute alcohol intoxication.”

The president of ABC News, Kim Goodwin, had originally shared the news of Tejera’s death by saying that he passed away from a heart attack.

Just several hours after he collapsed, Dax Tejera’s wife Veronica was taken into custody. The reason she was arrested was due to her leaving her two young children by themselves in a hotel room located in the Yale Club that night.

Veronica, Dax’s widow and a mother of two, was accused of child endangerment. Regardless, she argued that she was keeping an eye on her children.

The mother responded to the accusations, stating that she had taken her husband to the hospital and had requested her parents and a close friend to watch her 5-month-old and 2-year-old while she kept an eye on them through a camera.

She later claimed that “the hotel would not allow my friend in and instead called the NYPD.”

According to sources speaking to The Post, a couple left their children at home and went out to dinner with friends at Bobby Van’s 230Park. An employee who was present reported that Dax seemed to be in an unhealthy state during the meal, which prompted a server to check in on him.

The drunken man got up from the table and eventually collapsed inside of the restaurant.

The eyewitness employee said, “It was terrible and a terrible shame they left little, little children alone like that.”