Elon Musk Offers to Buy Twitter: Live News, Updates, and Reaction – The New York Times
Recently, Elon Musk was critical of the Biden Administration on many levels. A random Twitter user commented, “You have the resources to do something about this, unlike the rest of us” Elon Musk responded, “Interesting.” Now we find ourselves three months down the road, and Elon is attempting a straight buyout and complete control of Twitter.
Twitter could have foreseen this coming when they attempted to limit Musk’s company ownership to 14.5% with a board member invitation. Now Musk will “win” either way; his base 9% investment has doubled in value with the buyout offer (even if it’s a “no”). The Twitter board will be hard-pressed to reject the offer and likely face extreme investor backlash. Twitter has witnessed a declining user base and engagement levels ever since the forced departure of Former President Donald Trump. Will Musk’s power move result in the reinstatement of Donald Trump’s Twitter Account?
Read more on this at the following news sources:
- Elon Musk Offers to Buy Twitter: Live News, Updates and Reaction The New York Times
- Elon Musk offers to buy Twitter, take it private Fox Business
- Elon Musk offers to buy 100% of Twitter for $54.20 per share CNBC Television
- Elon Musk Is Not What Twitter Needs Right Now Bloomberg
- Opinion | Elon Musk is the last person who should take over Twitter The Washington Post
- View Full Coverage on Google News