Mom may have drowned 3 kids who died after being found on NYC beach – New York Daily News
A woman, believed to be the mother of three drowned children that were recently found, is being questioned at a local police precinct, Chief of Department Kenneth Corey said. There is no indication of prior neglect or abuse, Corey said.
Police were called to a woman’s apartment at 1:40 a.m. after a family member called to say she worried the woman may have harmed the three children. They found the woman with other family members but not the children, and eventually found the children on the beach.
Police searched for the woman and her children for 90 minutes. The children were not with her, and the search continued until 4:42 a.m.
The three young children were found lying on the shoreline of a beach with signs of apparent drowning. Authorities discovered the three children, aged 7, 4, and 3, on the shoreline of West 35th Street in Coney Island, New York. Their mother, 30, was found “soaking wet” and barefoot two miles away.
Their mother, 30, was taken into custody for questioning following two 911 calls that ultimately led to the children being found.
To learn more about this drowning case, please consider the news outlets listed below to stay in the know.
- Mom may have drowned 3 kids who died after being found on NYC beach New York Daily News
- NYPD briefing after 3 children die in drowning incident on Coney Island CBS New York
- 3 children died after they were found unresponsive on New York City shoreline. Police now are speaking with a woman believed to be their mother CNN
- Mother Questioned Following Deaths of 3 Children Found on Brooklyn Shore The New York Times
- 3 children dead after being found unconscious on Coney Island beach FOX 5 New York
- View Full Coverage on Google News