James Lambert beating: Another teen girl turns self in to police in deadly attack on 73-year-old man in Philadelphia – WPVI-TV
A 14-year-old girl contributed to the murder of a 73-year-old man who was beaten to death in Philadelphia with a traffic cone, reports say.
The PPD released video of the deadly attack on a 73-year-old man last week. The video shows three girls and four boys believed to be in their early-to-mid teens striking the man several times with objects, knocking him to the ground and causing injuries to his head.
The 14-year-old suspect turned herself in today alongside her attorney and her mother, and will be charged with third-degree murder. She and Richard Jones were caught on surveillance assaulting the 73-year-old James Lambert. He died the next day from his injuries.
The young teen girl who turned herself in was also accompanied by her 10-year-old younger brother. However, her brother was released without any charges.
Additional police released surveillance footage showing a group of teens chasing the man down a street and attacking him with traffic cones. The video shows the young people leaving the scene of the attack and re-gathering later. One teen is seen acting out a stumbling person.
For more information on this story, check out the news outlets listed below to stay in the know.
- James Lambert beating: Another teen girl turns self in to police in deadly attack on 73-year-old man in Philadelphia WPVI-TV
- 14-year-old faces murder charge in connection with brutal traffic cone beating of elderly Philadelphia man Fox News
- 14-Year-Old Girl Turns Herself Into Police Connected To Deadly Beating Of 73-Year-Old Man CBS Philly
- Girl, 14, Surrenders in Deadly Traffic Cone Beating of Man in Philly NBC 10 Philadelphia
- James Lambert beating: Teen charged with murder in deadly attack on 73-year-old man in Philadelphia WPVI-TV