Lyric Woods and Devin Clark: 17-year-old sought on charges of first-degree murder in deaths of 2 high school students – WTVD-TV
A pair of men riding four-wheel ATVs found the remains of a Black male and White female in Orange County, North Carolina. A 17-year-old suspect was charged with two counts of first-degree murder Tuesday afternoon. The suspect’s name has not been released because they are not an adult.
Two individuals were located off Buckhorn Road yesterday. Lyric Woods, 14, and Devin Clark, 18, were reported missing by their families on Saturday and Sunday, respectively. Investigators are still awaiting a report from the medical examiner to confirm the identities of the victims, but the conclusion is increasingly clear.
Lyric Woods was a freshman at Cedar Ridge High School and played volleyball on a travel team. Her friends are dedicating their game Tuesday night against Jordan High School to Woods.
Devin Clark, a senior at Eastern Alamance High School, loved riding dirt bikes and was planning a dirt bike ride-a-long on Saturday.
The Orange County Sheriff’s Office said two men riding ATVs found two bodies near a power-line easement on Sunday.
Family members reported Woods missing Saturday afternoon, and a deputy entered the information in the NCIC at approximately 3:44 pm. Clark’s family contacted the Mebane Police Department on Sunday with concerns about his whereabouts.
For more information on this story, please consider the news outlets listed below to stay in the know.
- Lyric Woods and Devin Clark: 17-year-old sought on charges of first-degree murder in deaths of 2 high school students WTVD-TV
- North Carolina sheriff eyes foul play after 2 missing teens found shot dead in power lines Fox News
- Top local stories we are following today WLOS
- Classmates remember students found dead in Orange County ABC11
- Missing High School Students Turn Up Dead on North Carolina Trail The Daily Beast
- View Full Coverage on Google News