Two killed as Nio electric car falls from third floor office in Shanghai – BBC
A Nio SUV fell off a third-floor parking garage and injured two car testers.
One of the car testers died at the time of resuscitation. The other car tester died in the early morning hours of June 23 after receiving surgery.
These two people were killed when the Nio ET5 fell out of a multi-story parking garage in Shanghai, China. After an on-site analysis, Nio said the accident had nothing to do with the vehicle itself.
The incident took place on Wednesday at about 17:20 local time.Nio’s initial statement on Weibo attracted 1,000 comments within half an hour, but was then taken down. A revised version of the statement was posted, which now refers to the crash as an accident but with “not caused by the vehicle” in brackets.
Local media states that authorities tried to save the two test drivers, but the driver had selected the wrong gear and the car rolled over. Nio said it has set up a special team to help the families of the deceased deal with the aftermath.
Nio is at the forefront of China’s homegrown drive to dominate the electric vehicle industry, and has been called China’s “Tesla killer”.
For more information on this shocking story, consider the following news outlets listed below to stay in the know.
- Two killed as Nio electric car falls from third floor office in Shanghai BBC
- Chinese EV maker Nio says a car fell from third floor of a Shanghai office, killing two CNBC
- NIO Test Car Fell From Third Floor Of Automaker’s Shanghai Office Killing Two CarScoops
- Two killed as car crashes to ground from Nio’s Shanghai office Nikkei Asia
- Two Nio Workers Die As Test Vehicle Falls Off Building In China: Report – Benzinga Benzinga