Customer killed at car dealership after elderly driver mistakingly hits the gas pedal

A horrific incident unfolded at a Toyota car dealership in the San Fernando Valley on Wednesday morning. A crash took place that resulted in the death of one person and injuries to two others. The incident occurred when a woman driving an SUV crashed into a customer reception area within the dealership. Emergency services were called to the scene, but despite their efforts, one customer succumbed to her injuries.

Authorities responded to a distress call at Hamer Toyota, located in the Missions Hills area, around 9:10 a.m. The woman behind the wheel of the SUV had driven into the covered service bay driveway and collided with the customer reception area. The exact reason behind the crash remains unclear, but a police investigator at the scene suggested that the driver had accidentally pressed the accelerator instead of the brake pedal.

A customer at the dealership, identified as a 56-year-old woman, was briefly trapped beneath the vehicle. Bystanders, including a nurse who happened to be present, rushed to her aid and managed to free her. However, despite their efforts, the customer was in grave condition and was rushed to a nearby hospital. Tragically, she later succumbed to her injuries. Two male employees of the dealership were also injured in the incident. One suffered a head wound, while the other had a laceration on his arm. Both were taken to the hospital, where their injuries were determined to be non-life-threatening.

The driver of the SUV was examined by paramedics at the scene. She did not appear to be injured and declined further medical attention. She remained at the scene and cooperated with the police, who are currently interviewing her. While it is unclear if she has been detained or arrested, authorities believe the crash was an accident. The vehicle involved in the incident had handicap license plates.

The customer who tragically lost her life in the accident has not been identified at this time. The two injured employees, aged 23 and 35, are in fair to serious condition but are expected to recover. No arrests have been made, and further details about the incident have not been released as the investigation is ongoing.