Doctor Yue Yu caught on camera allegedly poisoning her husband with Drano – CBS News
California dermatologist Yue Yu was caught on a hidden camera pouring drain cleaner into her husband’s cup on at least three separate occasions, court documents allege.
The alleged poisonings happened July 11, 18, and 25, according to the filing. Yu’s husband, Jack Chen, started noticing a “chemical taste” in his lemonade in March and April. He went to a doctor who diagnosed him with two stomach ulcers, gastritis and inflammation of the esophagus.
According to the Irvine Police Department, Yu’s husband had grown suspicious that his wife was poisoning him and set up cameras in the kitchen at the family’s home.
Chen filed for a restraining order against his wife, who also goes by the name Emily, alleging longtime verbal, physical and emotional abuse that extended to their two children. He claims that his wife Emily demanded a massage, stepped on his head, and began hiding money from him.
Yu was arrested last Thursday after being accused of poisoning her husband. She vehemently denies the allegations and says she always tried to help people.
Dr. Chen claims that his children are isolated in their own little bubble with only four family members: Emily, Amy, and the two children. He is also seeking sole custody of the children.
Yu posted $30,000 bond on Friday and was released. She’s due back in court on Nov. 3.
For more insight on this story, please consider the news outlets listed below to stay in the know.
- Doctor Yue Yu caught on camera allegedly poisoning her husband with Drano CBS News
- Images of Irvine woman allegedly poisoning husband released; restraining order filed KTLA 5
- California doctor says he caught wife dumping Drano in his lemonade after he rigged kitchen with cameras Fox News
- Hidden camera showed Irvine dermatologist poison husband with drain cleaner, documents allege KABC-TV
- Dermatologist arrested after husband accuses her of poisoning him NBC News
- View Full Coverage on Google News