From our News Partners at TheDailyHorn:
A gruesome discovery was found in Lake Mead, as if in a scene from a mafia movie, when the gangsters are in Las Vegas and stick a body into a barrel and dispose of it.
Water levels have been dropping so much along the Colorado River, which feeds Lake Mead, that the lake has experienced extremely low levels of water over the recent years, impacting the entire region as most of the Southwest and California depend on this water for their very existence and the Hoover Dam is what keeps the lights on in Vegas.
As the water levels have dropped to historically low levels, visitors in Lake Mead made a horrific discovery of an exposed barrel with a body in it that is reported to be from the 1980s. According to reports, identification has not yet been made, and the barrel was likely dropped hundreds of yards offshore, and as a result of the receding lake, the barrel ended up on the shoreline.
To see more on this, you can check out the news reports below:
- Body in barrel exposed as level of Nevada’s Lake Mead drops The Associated Press – en Español
- Low water levels reveal body in barrel at Lake Mead, officials say more are likely to be found CNN
- VIDEO: Remains found in a barrel at Lake Mead KTNV Channel 13 Las Vegas
- LVMPD says barrel dumped in Lake Mead containing remains was from 1980s KTNV 13 Action News Las Vegas
- Body found inside barrel at a Las Vegas lake may have been there for decades WVLT
The Daily Horn
The Daily Horn is an American publication providing news from a conservative point of view. Its coverage includes politics, current events, impactful headlines, reports on issues that impact Constitutional freedoms and much more. For news that monitors the heart of the U.S., The Daily Horn is an excellent resource.