27 injured after Megabus crashes, rolls onto its side on I-95 – WBAL TV Baltimore
A Megabus carrying a large number of passengers crashed and rolled on I-95 north of Baltimore on Sunday, May 22, 2022. According to the Baltimore County Fire Department, twenty-seven people suffered minor injuries, and 15 were taken to local hospitals.
Although many were injured, none were seriously hurt. 47 people total were riding on the bus when the vehicle rolled onto its side during a collision.
A Megabus spokesperson told WTOP the bus started in New York and was headed to D.C. Maryland State Police are investigating the crash. There were no other cars that were wrecked during the accident, so officials are still looking into the cause.
Knowing what caused this bus to crash and rollover on its side can help prevent future collisions that put passengers’ lives at risk.
A Megabus spokesperson told WTOP the bus was traveling from New York to D.C. when it crashed. The driver was released from the hospital, and Megabus provided transportation to their final destination.
Phil Givens, who lives nearby and took drone footage of the bus on its side, said the crash occurred on the southbound side of the highway. The bus had a skylight that was spiderwebbed from the impact as well as other significant damage.
Find out more updates and insight on this story by checking out the news sources listed below:
- 27 injured after Megabus crashes, rolls onto its side on I-95 WBAL TV Baltimore
- 27 suffer minor injuries after bus rolls on I-95 in Maryland ABC News
- Crews upright Megabus after it rolled onto its side on I-95 WBAL-TV 11 Baltimore
- Overturned bus on I-95 sends multiple people to hospital WTOP
- 27 injured after bus crashes, rolls over on I-95 in Maryland, officials say WKRC TV Cincinnati
- View Full Coverage on Google News