Dwayne Haskins ‘drank heavily’ at club before he was killed by dump truck in South Florida – Miami Herald
Dwayne Haskins was legally drunk when he was struck by a dump truck on April 9, which resulted in his death. He also tested positive for ketamine and norketamine, drugs that are sometimes used as anesthetics.
During his drive, Haskins’ car ran out of fuel. He was walking on an interstate highway in Florida after leaving his vehicle to find a gas station.
Haskins, 24, had been in South Florida training with some of his Steelers teammates at the time of the accident. His wife was worried when he didn’t call back.
According to 911 audio, Haskins’ wife told the dispatcher that her husband he was struck and killed while he was venturing out for gas. She also told the dispatcher that he had been drinking heavily with a friend the night before.
Haskins was walking on the westbound side of I-595 when he entered the travel lanes and was struck by a dump truck. A second car partially hit him on its right side undercarriage.
Haskins was a star at Ohio State, setting several passing records and being named the MVP in two big games. He was released by Washington and signed by Pittsburgh.
Dwayne Haskins’ widow, Kalabrya Haskins, released a statement asking for privacy and patience while the authorities continue to investigate the death.
- Dwayne Haskins ‘drank heavily’ at club before he was killed by dump truck in South Florida Miami Herald
- Dwayne Haskins was legally drunk at time of death, according to toxicology report ESPN
- Report: Dwayne Haskins was intoxicated when he was hit, killed on Florida highway WBNS 10TV
- Dwayne Haskins had alcohol, drugs in system at time of death NFL.com
- Dwayne Haskins was intoxicated when killed on freeway, report shows NBC4 WCMH-TV
- View Full Coverage on Google News