One-year-old girl found dead, abusive man charged with murder

A tragic incident unfolded in Wakulla County, Florida, as a one-year-old girl was discovered unresponsive in the arms of her distraught mother in the parking lot of a Dollar General store. The authorities have arrested a 23-year-old man, Jacob Robison, on charges of murder without premeditation. Robison is currently being held without bond in the Wakulla County Jail.

The Wakulla County Sheriff’s Office received a distress call on Wednesday night from the mother, who had pulled over in the Dollar General parking lot while rushing her gravely injured baby to the hospital. The arrest report states that the mother was in a state of panic, fearing that her daughter had stopped breathing. Deputies William Bennett and Kori Smith arrived at the scene and attempted life-saving measures, including using an automated external defibrillator (AED) and performing chest compressions. Unfortunately, their efforts were in vain, as the child showed no signs of responsiveness, pulse, or breathing.

Both the deputies and the fire rescue teams continued their efforts to revive the girl, but tragically, she was pronounced dead upon arrival at Tallahassee Memorial HealthCare. Detectives were dispatched to both the Dollar General store and the hospital to investigate the circumstances surrounding the child’s death. Through their investigation, it was determined that Jacob Robison had committed aggravated child abuse, which ultimately led to the toddler’s tragic demise. The detectives noted significant bruising on the baby’s jawline, chest, and bottom, as well as bruises throughout her body, leading them to conclude that she had been beaten to death.

According to court records, the mother had entrusted her daughter to Robison, her live-in boyfriend, while she went to work. The couple resided in a shed behind a house owned by family members. During the mother’s shift, she and Robison exchanged text messages about putting the children to bed. Robison’s texts revealed that the baby girl had fallen off the bed and suffered a head injury. When the mother returned home, she found her daughter cold, limp, and covered in bruises in her playpen. Robison’s family members informed detectives that he had a history of anger management issues and had previously been arrested for child abuse.

This tragic incident raises concerns about the safety and well-being of children in vulnerable situations. The court records indicate that Robison had a history of violent behavior, including a previous arrest for domestic battery involving his pregnant wife. Despite entering into a deferred prosecution agreement, the charges were ultimately dropped.