Police car chase ends in fatal crash

ANDERSON, IN – A man is now facing nine charges, including reckless homicide, after a police chase on October 15th resulted in the deaths of two individuals. Brandon Teague, the suspect in question, is accused of multiple offenses. These include resisting law enforcement and unlawful firearm possession by a serious violent felon. The Madison County Prosecutor’s Office has requested a $1 million cash bond for Teague.

The incident began when the Pendleton Police Department initiated a pursuit shortly before 12:30 p.m. on the mentioned date. The chase crossed into the city limits of Anderson. It ultimately came to a tragic end at 19th Street and Jackson Street in Anderson when Teague’s speeding truck crashed into two vehicles. Authorities estimate that Teague’s vehicle was traveling at approximately 100 mph.

The collision claimed the lives of a couple inside a Buick that Teague’s truck collided with. Following the initial impact, the Buick struck a Jeep, injuring six people inside. Four of the Jeep’s occupants sustained serious injuries. Despite the violent crash, Teague suffered only minor injuries and was taken into custody.

Court documents reveal that Pendleton officers had initially attempted to stop Teague’s truck due to a suspended driver’s license. However, he fled from the officers, leading to the high-speed chase. During the pursuit, police became aware of a preexisting warrant for Teague’s arrest.

The investigating sergeant alleged that he did not terminate the chase upon learning of these warrants. Officers who were involved in the police pursuit stated that they had noticed the speeds exceeding 100 mph and the dangerous intersection crossings before the tragic collision.

While the officers were alerted about a warrant for Teague during the chase, they were unaware of the specific charges listed in the warrant, according to court documents. Upon Teague’s arrest, he reportedly admitted to fleeing because he had outstanding warrants and a firearm in his truck.