Multi-Car Crash Leads to Deadly Shootout on Broad Street – NBC 10 Philadelphia
Police responded to a report of a shooting in the 3600 block of Broad Street in North Philadelphia on Tuesday. When they arrived, they found a 33-year-old man suffering multiple gunshot wounds to his chest.
On Tuesday night, a three-car Fender vendor near Broad and Venango Streets turned deadly when one of the drivers pulled out a gun and fired shots at another driver involved.
The car accident escalated into a shootout in the middle of rush hour traffic along Broad Street in North Philadelphia. One man is dead as a result and another is in police custody.
Police claim that after the three-car accident, one of the men got out of his vehicle and started an argument, which ended in gunfire. They say a 38-year-old man may have been the shooter, and are holding him as a suspect.
Authorities state that the third driver, a 33-year-old woman, got out of her car before the gunfire broke out. This decision to get out of her car may have saved her life. They are reviewing surveillance cameras from the area, grateful that no one else was hurt.
Road rage accidents such as this one that occurred in North Philadelphia can have deadly, devastating consequences. For additional information on this multi-vehicle crash, please consider the news outlets that are listed below to stay in the know.
- Multi-Car Crash Leads to Deadly Shootout on Broad Street NBC 10 Philadelphia
- Man dies after accident escalates into shootout in North Philadelphia CBS Philly
- Police: Man dies after being found walking in Ogontz with gunshot wounds to the neck, face FOX 29 Philadelphia
- Broad Street shooting: 1 dead, 1 injured after multi-vehicle crash leads to gunfire in Philadelphia WPVI-TV
- Man dies after accident escalates into shootout in North Philadelphia: police CBS Philly