Man shot, killed while driving in Birmingham; 2 young children critically injured – AL.com
Police responded to a shooting call on Arkadelphia Road and found two wrecked vehicles and a man suffering from multiple gunshot wounds. A toddler and an infant were injured in the wreck.
Officers were dispatched to the 1000 block of Arkadelphia Road on a call of a traffic collision. They found the adult male with multiple gunshot wounds who was pronounced dead at the scene. Authorities also found a toddler girl and infant boy in critical condition.
Preliminary evidence suggests someone shot into the victim’s car on Arkadelphia Road. Birmingham Police PIO Truman Fitzgerald said someone shot at the victim’s car as it drove down the road.
The victim was an adult male with who are believed to be his children, and they are in the hospital, fighting for their lives.
Police responded to a shooting call near Interstate 59/20 and Birmingham-Southern College around 6 p.m. They found another wrecked vehicle involved in the crash in addition to the vehicle with the man that was shot. Three other people were injured in the crash and their conditions are unknown.
After this man was shot while driving in the middle of the road, and the police officer said they hope this is the last incident of its kind.
To learn more about this story, please consider the news outlets listed below to stay in the know.
- Man shot, killed while driving in Birmingham; 2 young children critically injured AL.com
- Shooting, crash in Birmingham leaves 1 man dead, toddler and infant injured WVTM 13 News
- 1 shot to death in Birmingham’s Gate City; 2nd shootout erupts as police investigate AL.com
- 1 man dead, 2 children, several others injured in car crash and shooting on Arkadelphia Rd. WBRC
- Children injured after shots fired into vehicle, killing driver in Birmingham WVTM13 Birmingham