Supreme Court has voted to overturn abortion rights, draft opinion shows – POLITICO
According to the draft opinion obtained by Politico, this opinion is a “full-throated, unflinching repudiation of the 1973 decision which guaranteed federal constitutional protections of abortion rights and a subsequent 1992 decision – Planned Parenthood v. Casey- that largely maintained the right.
According to Justice Samuel Alito he wrote that “Roe was egregiously wrong from the start.”
— POLITICO (@politico) May 3, 2022
Is the supreme court poised to end the Roe v. Wade ruling? This topic has been one of the most polarizing issues amongst Americans since its inception. Is it a right to life or one of choice. With all of the grey areas that exist in people’s opinions, such as in the case of rape or incest, etc., this has the potential to be a heated issue amongst supporters of both sides over the upcoming months.
To read more news on this topic, you can view below:
- Exclusive: Supreme Court has voted to overturn abortion rights, draft opinion shows POLITICO
- Politico: Abortion rights overturned in Supreme Court, draft opinion shows LiveNOW from FOX
- Gov. Newsom releases statement on draft US Supreme Court opinion Action News Now
- Abortion rights: U.S. Supreme Court plans to strike down Roe v. Wade in reported draft opinion FOX 10 News Phoenix
- Dana Hall McCain: Agency for women in a post-Roe world AL.com
- View Full Coverage on Google News