Shooting on Hollywood Walk of Fame leaves teen dead; search on for 2nd armed suspect – KTLA Los Angeles
A 17-year-old was shot and killed after a confrontation with a group of people on Hollywood Boulevard, police say. The LAPD said the teen and a male individual got into an argument with a group of people and fired shots at the group.
Investigators believe the deceased teen and another armed male suspect fired at a group of people near Hollywood Boulevard and Sycamore Avenue. No one was in custody in connection with the incident.
Local news station KTLA-TV reported that the teen was uncooperative with investigators before he died. A tour operator told the news station that crime has gotten out-of-control in the area.
The shootout occurred on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. The Walk of Fame is a tourist attraction on Hollywood Boulevard that runs from Gower Street to La Brea Avenue. It consists of 2,725 coral-pink terrazzo five-point stars spaced at 6-foot (1.8 m) intervals, each containing a star rimmed with brass and an emblem indicating the category of the honoree’s contributions.
Because the Walk of Fame attracts about 10 million visitors annually, violence in this area causes a major concern to both locals and tourists.
These kinds of violent incidents have caused much chaos in the community. The Los Angeles City Council approved $216,000 to add additional officer shifts to the Los Angeles Police Department’s Hollywood Division to address a recent increase in crime in the area.
To learn more about this story, please consider the news outlets listed below to stay in the know.
- Shooting on Hollywood Walk of Fame leaves teen dead; search on for 2nd armed suspect KTLA Los Angeles
- Walk of Fame Shut Down After Deadly Shooting Urban Hollywood 411
- Teen killed in Hollywood shooting FOX 11 Los Angeles
- Shooting near Walk of Fame leaves teen dead, prompting search for 2nd armed suspect; Hollywood Boulevard closed KABC-TV
- Shooting on Hollywood Walk of Fame leaves teen dead KTLA 5