CIA chief says Putin to double down on war; Ukraine calls for tribunal to prosecute Russian leadership – CNBC
Ukrainian forces are pursuing a counteroffensive near the northeast Kharkiv region, and all women and children have been evacuated from the Azovstal iron and steelworks plant.
Russian forces dropped a bomb on a school in the eastern village of Bilohorivka, killing 30 people and injuring 90 others. The town has become a hot spot during the conflict.
Ukraine’s foreign minister calls for a special tribunal to prosecute the crime of aggression committed against Ukraine. He also called on NATO to support the creation of the tribunal.
Russia’s senior lawmaker accused Washington of coordinating military operations in Ukraine, thereby directly participating in military action against Russia. The United States has supplied Ukraine with heavy weapons to help it resist a Russian offensive.
Read more on this story at the following additional news sources:
- CIA chief says Putin to double down on war; Ukraine calls for tribunal to prosecute Russian leadership CNBC
- Russian Forces Try To Break Ukrainian Resistance in Mariupol NBC News
- Last stand in Mariupol: All women, children, and elderly evacuated from steel plant New York Post
- Families of Mariupol’s last defending troops plead for their lives – BBC News BBC News
- May 6, 2022 Russia-Ukraine news CNN
- View Full Coverage on Google News