Defense contractor and his wife in Hawaii accused of stealing the identities of 2 dead infants in Texas decades ago – NBC News
Federal investigators say Walter Glenn Primrose and Gwynn Darle Morrison used the identities of dead Texas children to obtain Social Security cards, passports, and driver’s licenses. They also say Primrose fraudulently enlisted in the Coast Guard under the identities of the children.
They were still charged with identity theft and making false statements in the application and use of a passport.
Morrison and Primrose were arrested Friday in Kapolei, on the island of O’ahu. A former member of the U.S. armed services and his wife were indicted in the case.
The U.S. Attorney’s Office in Hawaii filed a motion alleging the two pose a flight risk because they failed to report several trips to Canada and because Morrison lived in Romania while the country was part of the Soviet Union.
A couple, who attended high school and college together in Texas, allegedly assumed the identities of two Texas babies born two decades earlier and remarried in 1988 as Bobby Fort and Julie Montague.
A Coast Guard complaint says Primrose assumed a false identity and worked for a Department of Defense contractor at the Coast Guard Air Station at Barbers Point.
Pictures in court records showed Primrose and Morrison in uniforms that allegedly belonged to the KGB, the former Soviet Union spy agency.
For more information on this story, check out the news outlets listed below to stay in the know.
- Defense contractor and his wife in Hawaii accused of stealing the identities of 2 dead infants in Texas decades ago NBC News
- Hawaii Couple Accused of Living Under Assumed Names of Dead Texas Babies NBC 5 Dallas-Fort Worth
- Hawaii couple with possible KGB ties charged with stealing IDs of dead babies New York Post
- Hawaii Couple Accused Of Being Russian Spies After Stealing Babies’ Identities NBC News
- Hawaii couple accused of using dead Texas infants’ identities and keeping ties to Russia WFAA.com
- View Full Coverage on Google News