Deadly carjacking: Suspect in violent LA chase also linked to fatal shooting, robbery in Reseda – KABC-TV
A suspect linked to a fatal shooting in Los Angeles earlier this year was arrested after dragging the victim for more than 2 miles during a police pursuit.
Police were conducting a surveillance operation when they saw the suspect get into a vehicle and leave the area. A short pursuit began and ended in a crash.
Police chased Joshua Reneau, 31, as he fled a car chase after they arrested two other suspects in connection with a robbery and shooting of three people in Reseda three months ago. Reneau allegedly carjacked an SUV but the driver became entangled in his seatbelt.
Witness Ron Holloway saw the end of the chase unfold near his home, when a large SUV drove off Florence Avenue and onto his own street, dragging a body “like a rag doll”.
The body of the carjacking victim was found roughly three houses south of the crash site in Inglewood, the department said. The victim was pronounced dead at the scene.
A SWAT team responded and the man eventually surrendered nearly two hours later.
LAPD officers and FBI agents arrested two others suspected of being involved in the holdups and shootings. Derek Hall, 28, and Miracole Brown, 20, were both charged with robbery and murder.
For more details on this story, check out the news outlets below.
- Deadly carjacking: Suspect in violent LA chase also linked to fatal shooting, robbery in Reseda KABC-TV
- Suspect dragged carjacking victim to his death during police chase in Los Angeles, authorities say NBC News
- LA carjacking victim dead after being dragged a mile and a half in car driven by murder suspect Fox News
- Victim Dragged to Death in Inglewood Carjacking Identified as La Habra Man NBC Southern California
- Victim dragged by car for 2 miles, killed FOX 11 Los Angeles