A Princeton student who went missing for a week has been found dead, officials say – NPR
The body of missing Princeton University student Misrach Ewunetie was found on campus Thursday, the Mercer County Prosecutor’s Office said. An autopsy will determine the cause and manner of death.
The university said its hearts go out to Ewunetie’s family and friends, and it’s planning an opportunity for students to join together and remember Misrach.
Ewunetie, 20, went missing six days ago, and her family was worried after she missed a meeting regarding her citizenship. They were kept in the dark, according to her oldest brother, Universe Ewunetie.
Ewunetie’s family was “not particularly happy” she went to Princeton, but didn’t want to discourage her. They were putting up fliers about her missing sister on the New Jersey campus. Family members said their father tried to contact their sister Friday but didn’t connect. By Sunday, the calls were going straight to voicemail.
The university reported her missing on Monday and increased law enforcement presence on campus Wednesday. New Jersey Gov. Phil Murphy tweeted he has alsp been in touch with law enforcement agencies regarding the missing student’s death.
Misrach Ewunetie was volunteering at one of the school’s 11 eating clubs on Thursday night when she was shot and killed. The club president released a statement on Thursday saying the club is grieving and their hearts are with her family.
For more information on this heartbreaking story, please consider the news outlets below to stay in the know.
- A Princeton student who went missing for a week has been found dead, officials say NPR
- Missing Princeton University student found dead ABC7
- Body of missing Princeton University student has been found CNN
- Officials Say Princeton Student Who Vanished Days Ago Was Found Dead NBC News
- Princeton University Public Safety Issues Alert for Missing Student TAPinto.net
- View Full Coverage on Google News