Runner who died in Brooklyn half marathon heat ID’d as David Reichman – New York Post
David Reichman, 32, collapsed near the finish line of the Brooklyn Half Marathon. He was declared dead in the hospital. The cause of death will be determined by the medical examiner. This is the first fatality to happen in this race for several years.
A 31-year-old runner fell to the ground after crossing the finish line in 2014, which is the last time a death occurred at the Brooklyn half marathon.
This year was the first time that the race was held in person since the pandemic started, and it was highly anticipated.
The FDNY said 16 people were injured, including the man who died after collapsing during the race. Four more people collapsed near the end of the race due to the extreme weather.
The New York Road Runners said it had medical staff on hand to help runners, spectators, volunteers and staff. The group also said it was closely monitoring weather conditions.
Anamaria Flores, 42, of Howard Beach, said the race was exhausting and she had to walk the final leg. This is a major frustration to any runner considering how much time and energy they invest in preparing for each race.
Want to find out more about the tragic loss of this Brooklyn half marathon runner? Find out more at the following news sources:
- Runner who died in Brooklyn half marathon heat ID’d as David Reichman New York Post
- Brooklyn Half Marathon runner dies after collapsing at finish line amid brutal weather conditions Fox News
- One dead after finishing Brooklyn Half Marathon and 15 others injured CNN
- Runner dies at Brooklyn Half Marathon finish line, 15 others taken to hospital New York Post
- Runner dies after collapsing at Brooklyn Half Marathon CBS News
- View Full Coverage on Google News