State Department monitoring investigation into Sandals Bahamas deaths – USA TODAY
Three Americans were found dead and a fourth was hospitalized at a resort in the Bahamas. The circumstances of their deaths were not released. One hotel guest speculated that a faulty air conditioner may have caused the deaths. The air conditioners use a chemical called Freon, which can cut off oxygen to cells and lungs if inhaled. “It was hard to sleep last night — every time the a/c came on, I woke up,” he wrote on Facebook.
The State Department confirmed the deaths of three U.S. citizens in the Bahamas. It said it would provide all appropriate consular assistance.
Staff at the Sandals resort in the Bahamas found three bodies, including one man who was pronounced dead on the scene. Another woman was airlifted to a hospital.
The Bahamian Health Minister said some hotel guests sought treatment for nausea and vomiting and returned to the resort. Environmental health scientists are investigating.
- State Department monitoring investigation into Sandals Bahamas deaths USA TODAY
- An American woman stricken at a resort in the Bahamas is now hospitalized in Miami, official says CNN
- Three American tourists die mysteriously at Bahamas resort CBS Evening News
- State Department ‘closely monitoring’ after 3 Americans found dead at Bahamas resort Fox News
- Vincent Chiarella ID’d as one of 3 Americans found dead at Sandals Emerald Bay in Bahamas New York Post
- View Full Coverage on Google News